Learn what the different Hyatt hotel brands are and how they differ. Hyatt is a global hospitality company with many types of properties.
Hyatt has been in the hospitality industry for more than 60 years. It has 18 brands in its portfolio spanning across the globe.
Throughout its brands, you’ll notice a theme of well-being and contemporary design.
The following are all of the Hyatt hotel brands:
- Caption by Hyatt
- Destination Hotels
- Exhale Spa and Fitness
- Grand Hyatt
- Hotel Du Louvre
- Hyatt Centric
- Hyatt House
- Hyatt Place
- Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Residence Club
- Hyatt Zilara and Hyatt Ziva
- Joie de Vivre Hotels and Resorts
- Park Hyatt
- Thompson Hotels
- Urcove by Hyatt
Out of all of the brands, Park Hyatt is the most luxurious and top-of-the-line brand. Park Hyatt offers a refined residential-inspired luxury experience in top-tier cultural destinations.
Luxury isn’t the only thing that Hyatt does well, it also offers extended stay hotels, such as the Hyatt House.
If you’re a business traveler, Hyatt Regency is designed for you.
The Hyatt hotel brands cover a wide range of travel types. Whether you’re traveling for business, pleasure, or want to stay at an all-inclusive resort, you can book an excellent place to stay with Hyatt.
World of Hyatt
World of Hyatt is the loyalty program by Hyatt. It’s an excellent program to join because the value of Hyatt points are one of the highest compared to other hotels.
By participating in World of Hyatt, you’ll get the best rates, enjoy member-only benefits, redeem points for free nights, and get complimentary upgrades.
It’s a great program to join, and the following are the different tiers:
World of Hyatt is free to join, and once you do, you’ll be at the Member tier. It doesn’t have any minimums for nights or points, you just have to enroll. As a Member, you’ll get the following benefits:
- 5 points per eligible $1 spent.
- Free nights.
- Sapphire M life Rewards Status.
- Member rates.
- Waived resort fee on free night awards.
The first level after being a Member is Discoverist. This tier is achieved by staying 10 nights, earning 25,000 base points, or by hosting 3 meetings or events.
You can also become a Discoverist by getting the World of Hyatt credit card. In addition to the Member benefits, you’ll get the following:
- 5 base points per $1 spent plus a 10% bonus on eligible purchases.
- Premium internet and bottled water.
- Pearl M life Rewards Status.
- Elite check-in and late checkout at 2 PM.
- American Airlines AAdvantage bonus, which is 1 World of Hyatt point per $1 spent on American Airlines flights.
After 30 nights, 50,000 base points, or 10 meetings or events, you’ll qualify for the Explorist tier. As an Explorist, you’ll get the following benefits in addition to the Discoverist benefits:
- 5 base points per $1 spent plus a 20% bonus on eligible purchases.
- Gold M life Rewards Status.
- Upgraded available rooms at check-in. This excludes suites and rooms with club lounge access.
- Guaranteed room 72 hours in advance.
Globalist is the highest tier that you can achieve in the World of Hyatt program. To qualify, you’ll need to stay 60 nights, earn 100,000 base points, or host 20 meetings or events.
As a Globalist, you’ll get the following additional benefits:
- 5 base points per $1 spent plus a 30% bonus on eligible purchases.
- Upgrade to any room when it’s available.
- Late check-out at 4 PM.
- Guaranteed availability 48 hours in advance.
- Free parking on free night awards.
- Club access or breakfast.
You can also achieve Lifetime Globalist, which is earned after 1,000,000 lifetime base points.
Milestone Rewards is available to all World of Hyatt members and is based on the number of nights that you stay in a calendar year. This program is separate from elite status.
Once you’ve stayed 20 qualifying nights, you can get started with Milestone Rewards. Every 10 qualifying nights, up to 100 nights, will result in a reward.
The following are the rewards for the specific number of nights:
- 20 nights or 35,00 base points: 2 Club Lounge access awards.
- 30 nights or 50,000 base points: 1 category 1 to 4 free night award and 2 Club Lounge access awards.
- 40 nights or 65,000 base points: 5,000 bonus points, or a $100 Hyatt gift card, or 10,000 point savings on a FIND experience.
- 50 nights or 80,000 base points: 2 suite upgrade awards.
- 60 nights or 100,000 base points: 1 category 1 to 7 free night award, 2 suite upgrade awards, and access to My Hyatt Concierge.
- 70 nights: 10,000 bonus points or 1 suite upgrade award.
- 80 nights: 10,000 bonus points or 1 suite upgrade award.
- 90 nights: 10,000 bonus points or 1 suite upgrade award.
- 100 nights: 10,000 bonus points or 1 suite upgrade award.
How to earn points
Points can be used towards free nights, upgrades, experiences, and several other ways. The following are the different ways that you can earn points:
1. Hyatt Hotels and Resorts. Earn 5 points per $1 spent at more than 900 Hyatt hotels.
2. Dining and spa options. Earn 5 points per $1 spent at participating locations.
3. Small Luxury Hotels of the World and MGM Resorts. Earn 5 points per $1 spent, and receive benefits.
4. World of Hyatt credit card. Get the World of Hyatt credit card to speed up your earnings. The following are details regarding the World of Hyatt credit card:
- 9 points per $1 spent for Hyatt stays and experiences.
- 2 points per $1 spent for dining, fitness clubs, gym memberships, transit, and commuting.
- 1 point per $1 spent on everything else.
- Earn up to 50,000 bonus points.
5. FIND experiences and Lindblad Expeditions. Earn 5 points per $1 spent.
6. Exhale. Earn 10 points per $1 spent on Exhale’s services.
Frequently asked questions
Who owns the Hyatt hotel?
Global Hyatt is the parent organization for Hyatt hotels.
Is Hyatt Place better than Hyatt House?
Hyatt Place is your standard hotel, while Hyatt House is an extended stay, which means it’s designed for people who are spending more than a few weeks at a destination.
What’s the highest tier in the Hyatt loyalty program?
Globalist is the highest World of Hyatt tier.
Learning what the Hyatt hotel brands are will help you decide whether or not you want to join the World of Hyatt program. Overall, Hyatt is an excellent hospitality company with modern and luxurious hotels.
Featured image courtesy of Park Hyatt Hangzhou.
About David Em
David Em is the founder of Nola & Luna Travel, the destination for travel advice and inspiration. He launched Nola & Luna Travel to share expert advice, useful tips, unbiased reviews, and inspiration about destinations across the globe.